The Oxfam Walk for Water this year is set for Saturday 25th September 2021
To register your interest in the event, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no registration charge or fee to take part & the event is solely organised by volunteers. We appreciate all donations before, during & after the event on our Just Giving Page.
PLEASE NOTE: Walkers & Volunteers participate at their own risk and under 18-year olds must be accompanied by an adult.
All routes are circular beginning & ending at Heartwood Forest, Sandridge (car park entrance is at the north end of Sandridge village, nearest postcode AL4 9DQ). Please note – No walkers cars please to the Scout Hut itself for safety reasons.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
These are our usual route options, plus a few more so take your pick! BUT there will not be printed instructions or maps provided. Please print these off using the links below or download them to use on the day.
- 2.5 miles & 4 miles inside Heartwood Forest – taking approx 1½ – 2 hours. DESCRIPTIONS.
- 5 miles including Nomansland Common – taking up to 2½ hours. DESCRIPTIONS.
- 8 miles taking you through Wheathampstead then return – about 3½ hr walking plus any time for sandwiches! DESCRIPTIONS.
- 15 miles up to Ayot St Lawrence then return – start before 10 am and get back after 4 pm, depending on rest stops. DESCRIPTIONS.
- 20 miles – start before 9.30 am & get back after 5 pm, depending on rest stops. DESCRIPTIONS.