The Oxfam Walk 4 Water this year is set for Saturday 9th September 2023
This year we are asking each walker to donate a minimum of £10 when you register via our Just Giving site HERE. Or scan the QR Code below. We will obviously be delighted if you choose to give more! If you do this ahead of time, it will assist us with organisational and catering requirements as well as saving you time on the day. If you wish to enter more walkers at the same time, please add their names as well.
PLEASE NOTE: Walkers & Volunteers participate at their own risk and under 18-year-olds must be accompanied by an adult.
All routes are circular beginning & ending at Heartwood Forest, Sandridge (car park entrance is at the north end of Sandridge village, nearest postcode AL4 9DQ). Please note – No walkers cars please to the Scout Hut itself for safety reasons.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many route options (2.5, 4, 5, 8, 15 or even 20 miles).
PLEASE NOTE: Printed maps & route instructions will NOT be provided on the day. Please print these off using the links below or download them for your personal use. The 2.5 & 4-mile routes are the only ones that will be waymarked.
- 2.5 miles & 4 miles inside Heartwood Forest – taking approx 1½ – 2 hours. Get the instructions HERE
- 5 miles including Nomansland Common – taking up to 2½ hours. Get the instructions HERE.
- 8 miles taking you through Wheathampstead then return – about 3½ hr walking plus any time for sandwiches! Get the instructions HERE
- 15 miles up to Ayot St Lawrence then return – start before 10 am and get back after 4 pm, depending on rest stops. Get the instructions HERE.
- 20 miles – start before 9.30 am & get back after 5 pm, depending on rest stops. Get the instructions HERE
You can see examples of Oxfam water projects – which is where your money will go HERE. Or DONATE HERE (https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Oxfam-St-Albans-W4W-22 )