We cannot wait to see you tomorrow at this year’s Oxfam St Albans Walk 4 Water on:
SATURDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2023
Just a few final things before you come. Don’t forget:
- Its going to be a hot day! Please bring plenty of water, don’t forget a hat & some sunscreen. basically anything you need to stay cool & hydrated.
- Don’t forget to register via our Just Giving site below. That will save you time before you head out tomorrow.
- Bring some cash as this year we have a raffle with some fantastic prizes & great items to buy from our Oxfam stall. We can only accept cash for both of these.
- Print/Download the Route Instructions & maps before you leave home. Again, it will get you off quicker on your walk.
We are excited & hope you are looking forward to joining us too. All the details you need for all these points are covered below.
This year we are asking each walker to donate a minimum of £10 when you register via our Just Giving site HERE. Or scan the QR Code below. We will obviously be delighted if you choose to give more! If you do this ahead of time, it will assist us with organisational and catering requirements as well as saving you time on the day. If you wish to enter more walkers at the same time, please add their names as well.
As always, routes are available from 2.5 to 20 miles. There is a walk for everyone so please gather your friends, family and dogs to help us raise as much money as possible for Oxfam’s essential water projects around the world.
You can download a copy of the flyer below to share as far & wide as you can.
We have now updated all the routes, maps & walkers information & once again you will be required to download copies before you start walking. These are NOW available on the Walkers Information Page HERE. Or you can download them directly using THIS LINK.
Some key facts about the event:
- The 2.5 and 4-mile Mini Hike will have route-marks and a half-way Check Point. The 5, 8, 15 and 22-mile walks are not route-marked, but do have Check Points.
- Above distances are approximate.
- As stated above, to assist us with organisational and catering requirements, we require an essential registration fee of £10 in advance, which you can do via our JustGiving page HERE. Or scan the QR Code above. If you wish to enter more walkers at the same time, please add their names as well.
- The route descriptions and walkers’ information are NOW AVAILABLE using THIS LINK or on the Walkers Information page HERE.
- This year we will also be hosting a raffle & have some fantastic prizes from local businesses to give away. Would you or your company like to get involved? Please email on firstname.lastname@example.org & let us know what you would like to donate. We will then feature you here, on the website & on our social media surrounding the event.
- Make sure you bring some cash too as will also have a small selection of goodies from the Oxfam Shop for you to purchase.
Can you Volunteer?
This event is completely organised by volunteers & we are in urgent need of more helpers to make it a success. Here are the roles we specifically require help with:
- for acting as route marshals at the checkpoints or help in the car park on the day
- for baking a cake or some biscuits for the refreshments table
- or to join our committee.
You can contact us by phone to discuss, or leave a message on WhatsApp on 07870 236931. Or e-mail us at email@example.com
Our fundraising activities focus on Oxfam’s work with water. Whether in the grip of long-term poverty, or caught up in emergencies like cyclones or earthquakes, clean water is essential for survival. On top of this, many people are suffering further due to the climate crisis, making their need even more urgent.
We would like to thank the following local businesses for donating to our raffle so far:
The Refill Pantry, Carpenters Nursery
Wentworth Kitchens, 80 Victoria St
TV & Movie Store, The Maltings
Marks & Spencer
Neals Yard Remedies
With best wishes,
Marian Ferguson, Sue Cockell, Wilma Mendonca, Kathleen Fettigan, Sue Parkyn and James Ferguson
Oxfam Walk4Water Team