We are delighted to let you know that we have a date for this year’s Oxfam St Albans Walk4Water:
SATURDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2023
As always, do put it in your diary and spread the word widely, on your WhatsApp groups, A4 posters at work or in your local shops and pubs.
As you know, the Walk4Water is a fun annual event for people of all ages, and we really need twice as many walkers to join this year. So please get your neighbours, colleagues, friends and/or family involved. The more people you bring along, the more money we can raise together to help those in desperate need of fresh drinking water and hygiene.
Some key facts about the event:
- The 2.5 and 4-mile Mini Hike will have route-marks and a half-way Check Point. The 5, 8, 15 and 22-mile walks are not route-marked, but do have Check Points.
- Above distances are approximate.
- To assist us with organisational and catering requirements, we require an essential registration fee of £10 in advance, which you can do via our JustGiving page HERE. Or scan the QR Code below. If you wish to enter more walkers at the same time, please add their names as well.
- The route descriptions and walkers’ information will be available here from 1 September 2023.
- This year we will also be hosting a raffle & have some fantastic prizes from local businesses to give away. Would you or your company like to get involved? Please email on firstname.lastname@example.org & let us know what you would like to donate. We will then feature you here on the website & on our social media surrounding the event.
Can you Volunteer?
This event is completely organised by volunteers & we are in urgent need of more helpers to make it a success. Here are the roles we specifically require help with:
- to put up signs for the 2.5 and 4-mile routes on Friday 8 September morning only.
- for acting as route marshals at the checkpoints or help in the car park on the day
- for baking a cake or some biscuits for the refreshments table
- or to join our committee.
You can contact us by phone to discuss, or leave a message on WhatsApp on 07870 236931. Or e-mail us at email@example.com
Our fundraising activities focus on Oxfam’s work with water. Whether in the grip of long-term poverty, or caught up in emergencies like cyclones or earthquakes, clean water is essential for survival. On top of this, many people are suffering further due to the climate crisis, making their need even more urgent.
We would like to thank the following local businesses for donating to our raffle so far:
The Refill Pantry, Carpenters Nursery
Wentworth Kitchens, 80 Victoria St
TV & Movie Store, The Maltings
With best wishes,
Marian Ferguson, Sue Cockell, Wilma Mendonca, Kathleen Fettigan, Sue Parkyn and James Ferguson
Oxfam Walk4Water Team