Donating to the Herts Hike 2017 is easy:
- You can donate directly to the Herts Hike for 2016 via our Just Giving page. All donors will get the chance to leave their names and a message if they want to. You can opt for Gift Aid too.
- If you are walking, why not set up your own page or start a team on Just Giving? Instructions on how to do this are below – please ensure these are followed to ensure your fundraising is linked to the Herts Hike & the Kenyan water project.
- To make even more of your efforts why not consider asking your employer to get involved through Match Funding? Many organisations offer match funding as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. It is a convenient way to add to an employee’s donation. To find out more click on this link & contact your employer to discuss.
Instructions for JustGiving – how to set up your own page. Please follow these instructions closely to ensure all your funds raised go directly to the Kenyan Water Project:
- Go to JustGiving at https://home.justgiving.com/ and press the orange “Get Started” button. Log in, or set up an account if you are new to JustGiving – NB this login is essential to make sure your funds go to the Honduras Project.
- Click the orange button “Start Fundraising” at the top of the page
- On the next page, enter “Oxfam” into the search box.
- Several “Oxfam” options appear, click on the Oxfam (United Kingdom) – 1st in the list.
- Click the button at the top right-hand side of the page “Fundraise for us”
- Click on the blue button in the top section “Taking part in an event”.
- A drop-down list of events appears in date order, scroll down to Sept 23rd and find Oxfam Herts Hike 2017, click “Select”.
- You then get your page displayed, ready for you to choose a name etc.
- Once you have set up your own page you can set up a Team Page – scroll to the end & click on the blue button “Start a Team”
- You can also set up TextGiving and choose your own code for it.
- As an individual or team why not also consider discussing the event with your employer to ask if they would take part in Match Funding?
Thank you & good luck with all your efforts!