The Oxfam Walk for Water 2019 – our 25th anniversary Walk!
Register to Walk for Water here (no enrolment fee!)
The Oxfam St Albans Group has been walking for 25 years! Our volunteers, supporters and walkers may have come and gone over those years and the world may have changed (no internet or WhatsApp in 1994!) but our aims remain the same:
- To raise funds for, and awareness of, Oxfam’s vital work in some of the poorest countries across the world
- To encourage and enable people from all walks of life to get out and enjoy the beautiful Herts countryside – see the route maps
- To make the Walk better each year AND…
- Make it fun for everyone from 1 to 101 years old! (Did you know our oldest walker did the mini-hike aged 104?)
Come and help us celebrate our achievements by walking with us this Saturday 21st September.
SPECIAL ACTION ON 21ST SEPTEMBER AT WALK HQ (SCOUT HUT, SANDRIDGE)
Come and share your memories of 1994 (the year of our first walk!) – or your memories of the Oxfam walk over the past 25 years…
- did you walk from Sandringham School in those first years?
- did you walk from Mead Hall – Wheathampstead or Sandridge School?
- Bring a photo and pin it to our Memories board
- Write a message so we can collate and share!
DONATE NOW – or on the day
Above: Volunteers prepare the routes the day before the Walk
The 2018 Walk for Water – thanks for your support!
Thanks to everyone who supported last year’s Walk – helping raise a fantastic £5354 (107% of target). The funds raised have already helped Oxfam provide clean water via Life saver Cubes to families devastated by cyclones in early 2019 in Mozambique, Malawi and Zimbabwe. Our supporters also raised over £300 from an emergency street collection in St Albans.