Dear Oxfam friends, we hope this finds you well.
- Thanks to all who made September their “Walking for Oxfam” month.
- The message now is “Carry on Walking” into the Autumn! Use those nice October days to enjoy the outdoors.
- By our target date of end September we had reached £3,200 in our fundraising, and the Justgiving pages will continue open into 2021.
- Oxfam Walk for Water has been on a flexible footing as we could not bring walkers together on a set date.
- Please walk your favourite route and donate via our Walk for Water Justgiving site to help Oxfam’s Water Projects. You can walk anywhere – no need to be in St Albans this year!
- Send your photos and messages of support to firstname.lastname@example.org– and follow Oxfam St Albans on Facebook.
- Go the Routes 2020 page to download the traditional Oxfam routes and see new suggestions
- Do use our fundraiser sheet to log your progress
Our classic 3, 5, 8 and 15 mile Oxfam routes have been checked and written so they can be followed without the usual Oxfam waymarks, which we cannot put out this year. Go to the Routes 2020 page, either to print or save on your phone.
Thank you to everybody who has already joined in, marking their walks, outings, and visits by giving to this year’s appeal. Our £3,200 is about half of what we usually raise. Can you help us go beyond that?
Oxfam needs our help more than ever as it tries to bring clean water and handwashing to those in need. The new Oxfam Handwashing Station can be a real lifesaver in situations such as refugee camps. Each one costs £45 to make – that means we have sponsored 70 so far!